This section describes the general upgrade process for Tarantool. There are two main upgrade scenarios for different use cases:
- Live upgrade (without downtime) for replication clusters.
- Upgrade with downtime for standalone instances.
You can also downgrade to an earlier version using a similar procedure.
For information about backwards compatibility, see the compatibility guarantees description.
Upgrading from or to certain versions can involve specific steps or slightly differ from the general upgrade procedure. Such version-specific cases are described on the dedicated pages inside this section.
This section includes the following topics:
- Standalone instance upgrade
- Replication cluster upgrade
- Live upgrade from Tarantool 1.6 to 1.10
- Upgrade from 1.6 directly to 2.x with downtime
- Fix decimal values in vinyl spaces when upgrading to 2.10.1
- Fix illegal type names when upgrading to 2.10.4
- Recover from WALs with mixed transactions when upgrading to 2.11.0