Release: v. 2.3.2 Date: 2020-04-20 Tag: 2.3.2-1-g9be641b
2.3.2 is the first stable version of the 2.3 release series. The label stable means we have all planned features implemented and we see no high-impact issues.
This release resolves roughly 39 issues since the latest beta version. There may be bugs in less common areas, please feel free to file an issue at GitHub.
Please note, this release contains no new features.
Tarantool 2.x is backward compatible with Tarantool 1.10.x in binary data layout, client-server protocol and replication protocol.
Please upgrade using the box.schema.upgrade() procedure to unlock all the new features of the 2.x series.
- fiber.storage is cleaned between requests,
and can be used as a
request-local storage. Previously
fiber.storagecould contain some old values in the beginning of an iproto request execution, and it needed to be nullified manually. Now the cleanup is unneeded (gh-4662).
upsert()were fixed not to turn a value into an infinity when a float value was added to or subtracted from a float column and exceeded the float value range (gh-4701).
- Fix potential execution abort when operating the system runs under heavy memory load (gh-4722).
- Make RTREE indexes handle the out of memory error: before this fix, OOM during the recovery of an RTREE index resulted in segmentation fault (gh-4619).
- Fix the error message returned on using an already dropped sequence (gh-4753).
- Add cancellation guard to avoid WAL thread stuck (gh-4127).
- Fix execution abort when
vinyl_memoryare set to more than 4398046510080 bytes. Now an error message is returned (gh-4705).
- Add Lua output format support for
- Fix rebootstrap procedure not working in case replica itself is
- Fix possible user password leaking via replication logs (gh-4493).
- Refactor vclock map to be exactly 4 bytes in size to fit all 32 replicas regardless of the compiler used (https://github.com/tarantool/tarantool/commit/e5679980aa5f813553a95ab7d31f111dd0893df6).
- Fix crash when the replication applier rollbacks a transaction (gh-4730, gh-4776).
- Fix segmentation fault on master side when one of the replicas transitions from anonymous to normal (gh-4731).
- Local space operations are now counted in 0th vclock component. Every instance may have its own 0-th vclock component not matching others’. Local space operations are not replicated at all, even as NOPs (gh-4114).
- Gc consumers are now ordered by their vclocks and not by vclock signatures. Only the WALS that contain no entries needed by any of the consumers are deleted (gh-4114).
:decode()does not spoil instance’s options with per-call ones (when it is called with the second argument) (gh-4761).
- Handle empty input for
os.environ()is now changed when
os.setenv()is called (gh-4733).
netbox.self:call/eval()now returns the same types as
eval. Previously it could return a tuple or
box.tuple.*namespace is cleaned up from private functions. box.tuple.is() description is added to documentation (gh-4684).
tarantoolctl rocks search: fix the
tarantoolctl rocks remove: fix the
- libev: backport fix for listening for more then 1024 file descriptors on Mac OS (gh-3867).
box.stat()behavior: now it collects statistics on the
EXECUTEmethods as expected (gh-4756).
- Add an empty body to the
UNPREPAREIProto response (gh-4769).
- Reset all the placeholders’ bound values after execution of a prepared statement (gh-4825).
- The inserted values are inserted in the order in which they are given in case of INSERT into space with autoincrement (gh-4256).
- When building Tarantool with bundled
libcurl, link it with the
c-areslibrary by default (gh-4591).
__ipairsmetamethods handling is removed since we faced the issues with the backward compatibility between Lua 5.1 and Lua 5.2 within Tarantool modules as well as other third party code (gh-4770).
luajit-gdb.pyextension with commands for inspecting LuaJIT internals. The extension obliges one to provide gdbinfo for
libluajit, otherwise loading fails. The extension provides the following commands:
lj-archdumps values of LJ_64 and LJ_GC64 macro definitions
lj-tvdumps the type and GCobj info related to the given TValue
lj-strdumps the contents of the given GCstr
lj-tabdumps the contents of the given GCtab
lj-stackdumps Lua stack of the given lua_State
lj-stateshows current VM, GC and JIT states
lj-gcshows current GC stats
- Fix string to number conversion: current implementation respects the buffer length (gh-4773).
- “FFI sandwich” (*) detection is introduced. If sandwich is detected while trace recording the recording is aborted. The sandwich detected while mcode execution leads to the platform panic.
- luaJIT_setmode call is prohibited while mcode execution and leads to the platform panic.
(*) The following stack mix is called FFI sandwich:
Lua-FFI -> C routine -> Lua-C API -> Lua VM
This sort of re-entrancy is explicitly not supported by LuaJIT compiler. For more info see gh-4427.
- Fix assertion fault due to triggered dump process during secondary index build (gh-4810).
- Fix crashes at attempts to use
-lcommand line options concatenated with their values, like this:
- Fix inability to upgrade from 2.1 if there was an automatically generated sequence (gh-4771).
libopensslversion to 1.1.1f since the previous one was EOLed (gh-4830).
- Update the
decNumberlibrary to silence the build warning produced on too long integer constant (https://github.com/tarantool/tarantool/commit/aab03a735c7a215b4371ef834f7d08432b1bf0f7).
- Fix static build (