Date: 2020-12-30 Tag: 1.10.9-0-g720ffdd23
1.10.9 is the next stable release in the long-term support (LTS) version 1.10.x release series. The label “stable” means there are 1.10.x-based applications running in production for quite a while without known crashes, incorrect results or other showstopper bugs.
This release introduces one improvement and resolves roughly 7 issues since the 1.10.8 version.
Tarantool 1.10.x is backward compatible with Tarantool 1.9.x in binary
data layout, client-server protocol and replication protocol. Please
box.schema.upgrade() procedure to unlock all the new
features of the 1.10.x series.
- Deploy packages for Fedora 32 (gh-4966).
- Deploy packages for Debian Bullseye (gh-5638).
Don’t start an ‘example’ instance after installing tarantool (gh-4507).
Before this release tarantool package for Debian and Ubuntu used to automatically enable and start an ‘example’ instance, which would listen on the TCP port
3301. Since this release the instance file is installed to
/etc/tarantool/instances.available/example.lua, but isn’t enabled by default and not started anymore. You can enable and start it with the following commands:
ln -s /etc/tarantool/instances.available/example.lua \ /etc/tarantool/instances.enabled/example.lua systemctl start tarantool@example
Existing configuration will not be updated automatically at package update. If you don’t the need example instance, you can stop and disable it with the following commands:
systemctl stop tarantool@example rm /etc/tarantool/instances.enabled/example.lua
fiber.cond:wait()now correctly throws an error when a fiber is cancelled, instead of ignoring the timeout and returning without any signs of an error (gh-5013).
- Fixed a memory corruption issue, which was most visible on macOS, but could affect any system (gh-5312).
- A dynamic module now gets correctly unloaded from memory in case of an attempt to load a non-existing function from it (gh-5475).
- The fiber region (the box region) won’t be invalidated on a read-only transaction (gh-5427, gh-5623).
__callmetamethod no longer causes address clashing (gh-4518, gh-4649).
- Fixed a false positive panic when yielding in debug hook (gh-5649).
- An attempt to use a
net.boxconnection which is not established yet now results in a correctly reported error (gh-4787).
- Fixed a hang which occured when
tarantoolran a user script with the
-eoption and this script exited with an error (like with
tarantool -e 'assert(false)') (gh-4983).