This chapter covers open and closed source Lua modules for Tarantool Enterprise included in the distribution as an offline rocks repository.
Open source modules¶
- avro-schema is an assembly of Apache Avro schema tools;
is a high-level cluster management interface that contains
rpcimplements remote procedure calls between cluster instances and allows roles running on some instances to interact with other roles on other instances.
service-registryimplements inter-role interaction and allows different roles to interact with each other in the scope of one instance.
confapplierimplements cluster-wide configuration validation and application via a two-phase commit.
adminimplements administration functions.
is the command-line interface for the
is a type checker of functional arguments. This library that declares
checkerstable that allow to check the parameters passed to a Lua function in a fast and unobtrusive way.
- http is an on-board HTTP-server, which comes in addition to Tarantool’s out-of-the-box HTTP client, and must be installed as described in the installation section.
- icu-date is a date-and-time formatting library for Tarantool based on International Components for Unicode;
is a full-featured high-performance
kafkalibrary for Tarantool based on
- ldecnumber is the decimal arithmetic library;
- luacheck is a static analyzer and linter for Lua, preconfigured for Tarantool.
- luarapidxml is a fast XML parser.
- luatest is a Tarantool test framework written in Lua.
- membership builds a mesh from multiple Tarantool instances based on gossip protocol. The mesh monitors itself, helps members discover everyone else in the group and get notified about their status changes with low latency. It is built upon the ideas from Consul or, more precisely, the SWIM algorithm.
- stat is a selection of useful monitoring metrics.
- vshard is an automatic sharding system that enables horizontal scaling for Tarantool DBMS instances.
Closed source modules¶
- ldap allows you to authenticate in a LDAP server and perform searches.
- odbc is an ODBC connector for Tarantool based on unixODBC.
- oracle is an Oracle connector for Lua applications through which they can send and receive data to and from Oracle databases. The advantage of the Tarantool-Oracle integration is that anyone can handle all the tasks with Oracle DBMSs (control, manipulation, storage, access) with the same high-level language (Lua) and with minimal delay.
- task is a module for managing background tasks in a Tarantool cluster.
- tracing is a module for debugging performance issues.
is a module for exploring Tarantool spaces in
Installing and using modules¶
To use a module, install the following:
All the necessary third-party software packages (if any). See the module’s prerequisites for the list.
The module itself on every Tarantool instance:
$ tarantoolctl rocks install <module_name> [<module_version>]
See also other useful tarantoolctl commands for managing Tarantool modules.