Date: 2020-10-22 Tag: 1.10.8-1-ge69e130
1.10.8 is the next stable release of the 1.10.x series. The label “stable” means there are 1.10.x-based applications running in production for quite a while without known crashes, incorrect results or other showstopper bugs.
This release resolves roughly 7 issues since the 1.10.7 version. There may be bugs in less common areas. If you find any, feel free to report an issue at GitHub.
Tarantool 1.10.x is backward compatible with Tarantool 1.9.x in binary data layout, client-server protocol and replication protocol. Please upgrade using the box.schema.upgrade() procedure to unlock all the new features of the 1.10.x series.
- Exposed the box region, key_def and several other functions in order to implement external tuple.keydef and tuple.merger modules on top of them (gh-5273, gh-5384).
- Fixed fibers switch-over to prevent JIT machinery misbehavior. Trace recording is aborted when fiber yields the execution. The yield occurring while the compiled code is being run (it’s likely a function with a yield underneath called via LuaJIT FFI) leads to the platform panic (gh-1700, gh-4491).
- Fixed fibers switch-over to prevent implicit GC disabling. The yield occurring while user-defined __gc metamethod is running leads to the platform panic.
- Fixed unhandled Lua error that might lead to memory leaks and
- Fixed the error occurring on loading luajit-gdb.py with Python2 (gh-4828).
- Fixed potential lag on boot up procedure when system’s password database is slow in access (gh-5034).
- Get rid of typedef redefinitions for compatibility with C99 (gh-5313).