Release: v. 2.4.2 Date: 2020-07-17 Tag: 2.4.2-1-g3f00d29
2.4.2 is the first stable version of the 2.4 release series. The label stable means we have all planned features implemented and we see no high-impact issues.
This release resolves roughly 32 issues since the latest beta version. There may be bugs in less common areas, please feel free to file an issue at GitHub.
Tarantool 2.x is backward compatible with Tarantool 1.10.x in binary data layout, client-server protocol and replication protocol.
Please upgrade using the box.schema.upgrade() procedure to unlock all the new features of the 2.x series.
- box.session.push() parameter
syncis deprecated. A warning is printed when the sync is used, but it still works. It is removed in the next version (gh-4689).
Don’t start ‘example’ instance after installing Tarantool (gh-4507).
Before this release tarantool package for Debian and Ubuntu automatically enable and start ‘example’ instance, which listens on the TCP port 3301. Starting from this release the instance file is installed to /etc/tarantool/instances.available/example.lua, but is not enabled by default and not started anymore. One may perform the following actions to enable and start it:
ln -s /etc/tarantool/instances.available/example.lua \ /etc/tarantool/instances.enabled/example.lua systemctl start tarantool@example
Existing configuration will not be updated automatically at package update, so manual actions are required to stop and disable the instance (if it is not needed, of course):
systemctl stop tarantool@example rm /etc/tarantool/instances.enabled/example.lua
- Fixed a bug in altering a normal index to a functional one (n/a).
- Fixed a couple of internal symbols dangling in global namespace _G (gh-4812).
- Fixed bug when on_shutdown triggers were not executed after EOF (gh-4703).
- Fixed inability to handle ULL constants in Lua mode console (gh-4682).
- Fixed a bug in C module reloading (gh-4945).
- Fixed assert outdated due to multikey index arrival (gh-5132).
- Fixed confusing implicit requirements for tuple fields (gh-5027).
- Added needed key validation to space_before_replace (gh-5017).
- Fixed check of index field map size which led to crash (gh-5084).
- Fixed NULL pointer dereference when merger is called via the binary protocol (say, via net.box) (gh-4954).
- Fix wrong mpsgpack extension type in an error message at decoding (gh-5017).
- Fixed crash when invalid JSON was used in update() (gh-5135).
- Added format string usage to form a CustomError message (gh-4903). Read more: Custom error types.
- Fixed error while closing socket.tcp_server socket (gh-4087).
- Extended box.error objects reference counter to 64 bit to prevent possible overflow (gh-4902).
- Fix wrong order of rows as a result of query containing column of SCALAR type in ORDER BY clause (gh-4697).
- Fix bug with the display of collation for scalar fields in <SELECT>
sql_full_metadatais enabled (gh-4755).
- Block using HASH indexes in SQL since scheduler is unable to use it properly (gh-4659).
- Fixed races and corner cases in box (re)configuration (gh-4231).
- Fixed crash during compaction due to tuples with size exceeding vinyl_max_tuple_size setting (gh-4864).
- Fixed crash during recovery of vinyl index due to the lack of file descriptors (gh-4805).
- Fixed crash during executing upsert changing primary key in debug mode (gh-5005).
- Fixed crash due to triggered dump process during secondary index creation (gh-5042).
- Fixed crash/deadlock (depending on build type) during dump process scheduling and concurrent DDL operation (gh-4821).
- Fixed crash during read of prepared but not committed statement (gh-3395).
- Fixed squashing set and arithmetic upsert operations (gh-5106).
- Create missing folders for vinyl spaces and indexes if needed to avoid confusing fails of tarantool started from backup (gh-5090).
- Fixed crash during squash of many (more than 4000) upserts modifying the same key (gh-4957).
- Fixed concurrent replaces on index building. Tuples are now referenced on all needed execution paths (gh-4973).